About the Brass Animals
Since 2013, the Brass Animals, have delighted audiences of all shapes and sizes at corporate events, weddings, private and special events, and sporting events all over the country. Our sound fuses the popular New Orleans-style brass band style with an eclectic blend of hip-hop, R&B, funk and pop.
Typical performances include explosive renditions of recent favorites by artists like Beyoncé, Bruno Mars, Aaliyah, Kanye West, and Janelle Monáe, as well as our own spin on vintage classics by Louis Armstrong, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Herbie Hancock, The Meters and more.
We've worked with the established companies and organizations like the Oakland Raiders, Google, Jack Daniels, Salesforce, the San Jose Earthquakes, St. Elmos Brewing Company, Genentech, and Marriott International. We've also performed for many engaged couples and newlyweds and have been recognized as a 2018 Couples Choice Award Winner by WeddingWire.
Our local troupes, which are currently located in California, Texas, Georgia, New York, and Illinois, are comprised of professional musicians who have decades of experience. Please fill out the form below if you're interested in joining one of our troupes.
We've performed for some of the coolest companies around..
Why play with the Brass Animals
- We do our best to help you prepare with easy to read charts, youtube videos and audio recordings
- You’ll get to perform with some of the country’s top brass musicians
- Our song list is a lot of fun to play and our gigs are fun many times high profile
- You’ll get to play all kinds of events (sporting events, weddings, corporate events, parades, festivals)
- We’re organized and we do our best to make things easy for you. So you’ll get calendar invites, set lists, and show details well ahead of time.
- Each gig pays at least $100 and we pay within 24-48 hours of each performance
We like working with musicians who:
- Are talented musicians and good human beings. No exceptions.
- Are on time to practice and gigs (clients expect us to be on time and we aim to please)
- Come to practice and gigs prepared
- Put the client first. This means wearing fun costumes, being courteous to anyone you speak with, and lending a helping hand to anyone that may need it.
- Bring a lot of energy to their performance
- Work well with others. You know when to stand out for solos but also take a back-seat and play backlines while others shine.
If you’re interested in auditioning for the local Brass Animals troupe in your area, then please fill out the following information and one of our members will be in touch with you shortly.