How Much Does a Wedding Planner Cost
If you are planning an elaborate wedding, you may wonder if it would be helpful to hire a wedding planner.
Ideally, any couple in their right mind would want to hire a wedding planner. They can help your wedding run more smoothly and take a lot of the stress off your shoulders.
But for many couples, the biggest deterrent in hiring a wedding planner is that it is an added expense.
If you are thinking of hiring a wedding planner but are wondering if it will be worth it, read on to find out more about wedding planner’s costs and what is included in their services.
How Much Does A Wedding Planner Cost?
The amount you pay a wedding planner will vary according to what’s included in their packages, their level of expertise, the city they are located in and more. However, most planners will charge between $1000 and $2500.
Couples who bargain shop can pay $400 or less and those who spare no expense may pay $4500 or more.
What’s Included in a Wedding Planner’s Costs?
Wedding planners can have different packages available but for the most part, here is what will be included in their costs.
- Correspondence: A good deal of your planner’s job will include communicating with vendors to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Venue and Vendor Selection: You planner is likely to know a lot of people in the industry. He or she will be able to find you the best venues and vendors, possibly even at discount prices. They may even accompany you to interviews and meetings with these vendors.
- Paperwork: Your planner will keep track of all the necessary paperwork to make sure you are coming in under budget and that all contracts are easily accessible.
- Wedding Prep: There are a lot of things that go into the planning of the wedding from the day you start your planning all the way to the day of the wedding. Your planner will assist you with all the necessary tasks, big and small.
- Post Wedding Tasks: After the wedding is over, there are still tasks that need to be seen to. Your planner will be there to help with clean up, break down and making sure everyone receives a tip.
Different Types of Wedding Planners
There are different types of wedding planners that can help you with different aspects of the wedding. While some couples will go for all-inclusive packages, others can save money by only hiring planners for services they absolutely need.
Here are the different types of planners and what you can expect to pay for their services.
- Day-Of Wedding Planner: A day-of wedding planner will be brought in closer to the day of the wedding to make sure everything runs smoothly on that special day. Day-of wedding planners charge on average of $800 but higher end planners can cost anywhere from $1250 to $3395.
- Partial Wedding Planners: A partial wedding planner will be brought in a month or so before the wedding…when it’s crunch time. He or she will help with last minute tasks as well as any day-of prep. The cost of a partial wedding planner is usually $1250 but it can go as high as $6000.
What is the Hourly Rate of a Wedding Planner?
Most wedding planners will offer package deals, but some will charge an hourly rate. The average hourly rate for a planner is $75 but some charge as much as $275 an hour.
Does a Wedding Planner Save You Money?
Yes. A wedding planner is an added expense, but they could help you save money in the long run.
It is part of a wedding planner’s job to make sure you are staying within your budget and prevent you from overspending. A planner may also get you deals on vendors, venues, musical entertainment and other services you will need.
Do You Have to Tip a Wedding Planner?
No. It is not customary for couples to tip their wedding planners, but they may do so if they feel he or she provided exceptional service.
If you are planning a wedding, springing for a planner may be the best decision you can make. They will help you avoid stress and create the wedding of your dreams. Will you be adding the hiring of a planner to your wedding list ‘to-do’s?