Any Los Angeles event can benefit from live music, and it is only better when it is a cover band. Cover bands are the best of both worlds when it comes to entertainment – familiar and popular tunes paired with the charm of a live performance. Because they focus less on creating their own tunes, and more on recreating versions of existing songs, cover bands play many popular and well known tunes, bringing a lively aspect to an otherwise ordinary Los Angeles, CA event.
Hiring a cover band is an easy and effective way to liven up any event, especially if you want to get people dancing and having an overall great time. Live bands are an excellent addition to any event. Any of the bands in Los Angeles will be a welcome addition to an event, but a cover band will be even more memorable.
What type of event is good for a cover band?
When it comes to events in the Los Angeles area, cover bands are a great solution for a lively celebration. While they may be appropriate in many scenarios, joyous occasions pair well with cover music. Cover bands add an element of fun and entertainment to many different kinds of upbeat events. They will have people humming along and tapping their toes to their favorite melodies.
- Weddings: Wedding receptions are by far one of the most popular events for a cover band. They make great wedding bands because the familiarity of the tunes they play gets the party started. They are sure to know exactly what classics to perform that will have the guests singing and dancing along with the music.
- Dances: No matter the type of dance, chances are a cover band will be able to provide music, from the hits of all time to themed music such as 80’s, country or island. Dance bands like to specialize in covers as a guaranteed way to have people moving and shaking to the hits. Even if it isn’t a themed event, cover bands will play well known tunes that people recognize.
- Corporate Events: It is highly probable that if you are hosting a corporate event, you will have a wide demographic of individuals from all walks of life in attendance. Cover bands for hire are a versatile solution to offer a variety of music for the event entertainment. Whether the music is for a trade show, a retirement celebration or a holiday party, providing music by way of cover band is a sure fire solution.
- Private Parties: From birthday parties to New Year’s Eve parties and everything in between, a cover band provides popular dance tunes to make any party a memorable and exciting event. Anyone can hire a DJ for a private event, but a cover band with live musicians will add an element of excitement to a party. Party bands are an obvious solution for music at a band.
- Live Entertainment: Bars and nightclubs are always looking for a new way to draw in clientele, and bands are a great way to do this. What is even better is a cover band, which will provide musical entertainment and favorite music hits. Crowds flock to hear cover bands perform and to dance the night away.
Why hire a cover band versus a traditional band?
There are reasons to hire a cover band versus hiring a traditional band. While both offer amazing entertainment and will undoubtedly awe your guests, a cover band adds the element of favorite tunes to the excitement of live music. Live music is always fun, but it’s even better when it isn’t the first time you’re hearing a song.
- People love dancing to cover music: If people know a song, chances are they are more likely to dance to it. Most people have favorite songs, and when they are played, they can’t help but get up and dance.
- Recognizable tunes are memorable: People will remember hearing a fun and interesting rendition of their favorite song. When they remember the band that played the song, they’ll also remember the event at which they heard it. They’ll also want to sing along!
- They put on a show: Cover bands make their success on hit renditions of popular music. They don’t need to spend as much time creating their own music so they can focus on their performances. Hands down, cover bands will put on an entertaining event.
How to find a Los Angeles cover band
Finding a cover band in Los Angeles can seem overwhelming when it comes to finding one and selecting one to perform at your special occasion, with a plethora of options available in the LA area. It sounds harder than it is especially with the help of online resources. When looking at different options online, there are several key points to observe.
- Ratings and Reviews: Online reviews and ratings by other event planners are one of the most valuable resources available. By seeing other people’s experiences, you’ll have a good idea of whether they will be a suitable match for your event. Ratings alone aren’t as much help as reviews, as a five star band that plays hip hop won’t be a good match for a roaring 20’s party, so it is key to read both.
- Style of Music: Different bands specialize in different types of music. You can narrow down the bands depending on the type of music you seek for your event, which will help to make your event perfect.
- Types of Events: Different bands specialize in not only different types of music, but different types of events. Some bands may thrive in a smaller setting, while other bands are bigger and more suited for a large crowd. Taking this into consideration is important to making sure your entertainment is suitable for the event.
- Requirements and Special Requests: Each unique band may have a certain set of criteria in order to play at a band. Knowing if you and your venue have the means for this ahead of time will help you to determine if a band is a suitable fit for your event. If you’ve already booked a venue, and a band requires a space that isn’t available, you’ll have to decide on a different band.
Choosing the music for your event
One of the most exciting parts of booking a band is to plan the play list. The band may have preselected song lists, or they may have different themes or genres available for your event. If your event is a particular theme, this is the time to discuss it and choose the best songs. You may also be able to make special requests such as a school’s song for a graduation party, first dances at a wedding, and other fun music pertaining to your particular event.