If you are planning a wedding, the location where you host your wedding will be an important consideration. You want your wedding to be held in an area that is scenic and relaxing but also has enough for guests to do while they are in town.
It is for these reasons that Napa Valley makes the perfect location.
Napa Valley is known as a distinguished wine making region making it a great place for wine enthusiasts to wed. But, beyond that, it is also a beautiful location with harvesting crops and foliage, temperate Mediterranean-like climates and plenty of venues, restaurants and attractions.
Read on to find out more about how you can plan a Napa Valley wedding that you and your guests will treasure.
When Should I Plan My Napa Valley Wedding?
Napa Valley is most populated around grape harvest season which starts in August and ends in October. While you may think this time of year is the best time to hold your wedding, you can also expect more crowds, less availability in hotels, venues and restaurants and higher prices all around.
You might also consider visiting when there are events in the area that your guests can participate in. The Napa Valley Truffle Festival and Restaurant Week, the Napa Valley Marathon and bike competition and the PGA Safeway Open are all events you might want to plan your wedding around.
The weather might also come into play when considering when you want to plan your wedding.
Even though California is known for its warm climates and sunny days, temperatures will dip lower and rain will be more likely during the winter months. You can expect highs to be 70 to 80 degrees in the spring, summer and fall and closer to 60 degrees in the winter.
What Type of Transportation is Available in Napa Valley?
Napa Valley also makes a great wedding destination because it’s fairly accessible when it comes to transportation. Oakland International Airport, San Francisco International Airport are both close by. There is also plenty of public transportation available once you hit ground.
There are many options for wedding venues in Napa Valley but here are some of the more popular ones you can choose from.
- Vineyard and Winery: If you are a fan of wine or enjoy a scenic, country style wedding, these are the best options for you.
- Non-vineyard: If you would rather not have your wedding in a winery or vineyard, there are plenty of other options including golf clubs, restaurants, resorts and more.
Because Napa is such a popular wedding destination, there are also plenty of vendors to choose from including caterers, musical entertainment and more.
What Do I Need to Do to Get My Marriage License in Napa Valley?
In order to get a wedding license in the state of California, you need to be at least 18 years old. If you are younger than 18, you will need parental consent. You do not need to be a resident of the state, but you will need a witness signature.
A license will be issued on the day you apply, and it will expire in 90 days. Both parties must bring a valid form of ID.
Things to Do in Napa Valley
If you have guests flying in for your wedding, or you are making Napa Valley the location of your destination wedding, there is plenty for you to do. This can make it a terrific event and getaway for everyone who attends.
Here are some of the things you should be sure to check out while you’re in town.
- Vineyards: There are plenty of tasting rooms to visit and winery tours to participate in during your stay.
- Golf Courses: Beginner to advanced golfers will love learning more about the sport and playing lively games when visiting.
- Shopping: A shopaholic’s dream, Napa Valley has everything from clothing to accessories to home décor.
- Restaurants: Napa Valley restaurants offer some of the finest cuisine in the world. Home to the Culinary Institute of America, there are also plenty of cooking classes and wine pairing classes guests can attend.
- Hot Air Balloons: The perfect romantic activity, there is nothing like taking a hot air balloon up over this scenic region.
There are many terrific locations where you can host your wedding, but Napa Valley is one of the most scenic and relaxing and it is also packed with activities you and your guests can enjoy. Good luck finding the perfect destination for the beginning of your journey through wedded bliss.